The Olive Branch pub is situated in the pretty village of Clipsham, just two miles off the A1 in the tiny county of Rutland. The pub was originally three farm-labourers' cottages that were knocked together to make a pub in 1890. It had been the heart of the village community up until its closure in 1997.
With the help friends, family and villagers, Sean Hope, Ben Jones and Marcus Welford bought The Olive Branch in 1999 and spent six weeks scrubbing, cleaning, decorating and renovating to bring it back to its former glory as a traditional village pub. They added luxury accommodation in 2003 to create this wonderful village inn, with open fires, antique tables and chairs, mixed with pine kitchen tables and benches. The atmosphere is friendly and informal with chestnuts roasted on the fires in winter and homemade lemonade in the garden in summer.